The official tänzer chat is #tanzer on Freenode.
Please, come, talk about tänzer, Tcl, Node.js, anything! Just know that we're here to help you use tänzer to make an awesome web application.
Times are interesting in the land of Tcl, and in the realm of web server frameworks, ecosystems and environments. There are tons of feelings of passion flying every which direction; in healthy, positive happy vibe-y ways, but also in very backward and obstinate ways. We cool kids who come to tänzer in search of something different know there is certainly a better way.
We want to maintain a happy, positive, safe, encouraging environment that respects you. Please help us keep it that way! We ask of you only to be kind to one another, treat each other excellently, and try to exercise empathy with one another. Ask questions of each other if you are unclear about a certain situation; avoid awkwardness!
Adapted from irc.perl.org.
The Reasonable Person Principle shall apply in #tanzer.
- Everyone will be reasonable.
- Everyone expects everyone else to be reasonable.
- No one is less special than anyone else.
- If somebody suggests you are being unreasonable, take a moment to ask yourself why; do not be offended.
- Everyone has the privilege to determine what offends them. If somebody tells you that you have offended them, please take them at face value and do not be argumentative of this; and you shall be afforded this benefit of the doubt in kind.
Of particular import:
- Be considerate, respectful, kind and collaborative.
- Alert the channel staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct are among the types of unreasonable behaviors deemed to be unacceptable.
Harassing behavior includes, but is not limited to: Offensive comments related to gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; sustained disruption of channel activity; unwelcome sexual attention; ignore and/or ban evasion.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If an individual engages in unacceptable behavior, the operators may take any action they deem appropriate within the bounds of the Freenode channel guidelines. Initial violations or violations believed to be unintentional, if not repeated, will likely only result in warnings. Repeated violations or intentional harassment will be met with increasingly severe responses.